This blog post & shop widgets use affiliate links.
Click here to read the disclaimer about affiliate links and PR product.
Out of all the people I need to buy gifts for this year, I get the most joy buying presents for the kids! I still get excited walking into toy stores and now that I can walk through a toy store equipped with the buying power that I longed for as a kid, it’s like I’m fulfilling my own childhood fantasies! Another plus to gift giving to our kids is that we tend to benefit from the presents we give to them… particularly in the games department! 😂
For this gift guide, I’ve been heavily inspired by items that we’ve given to the boys or that
we Santa 😉 will be giving to them this year (our older two, 11 and 8, have developed a healthy skepticism but the dream is still alive for our younger two, 3 and 1). I hope that some of these gift ideas will give you some inspiration.
Miniature versions of popular adult shoes
There’s something irresistible about miniature versions of shoes that are popular with the adults. They make the best gifts (though I’m pretty certain that it’ll be the adults getting the most enjoying out of them!).
- Dr Martin booties – they even have the signature stitching!
- Ugg Booties – so luxe and so adorable!
- Hunter Wellies – complete with the Hunter logo (to scale of course!)
- Vans Old Skool sneakers – a classic that never goes out of style
- Mr Pencil – Scribble & Write Learning Toy – our 3 year old received this as a present last Christmas and it is STILL going strong. I can pretty much recite all of Mr Pencil’s greetings given how often he plays it. And he actually learns how to write letters and numbers with this too. Highly recommend!
- Playtime Bus with Phonics
- An interactive globe – I would have loved one of these as a kid!
- A Space & Planetarium Projector – time to upgrade those glow in the dark stars!
- Sushi set – so cute and realistic
- this fun Magic Set – for the budding magician in your household!
- the Lego version of the Knight Bus from Harry Potter
- Duplo Alphabet Truck Playset – our almost two year old loves this set, while our almost 4 year old can’t get enough of the letters
Fun for the whole family
- Risk – we just bought this for our 11 year old for his birthday and have already spent hours over the weekends playing it! Such a good board game!
- Nintendo Switch – honestly the best console there is! Favourites at our place include Mario Kart, Mario Party & Luigi’s Mansion
- Monopoly Deal – so much fun and quick to play! We always manage one or two games a night with the older two boys before they go to bed
P.S. My gift guide for kids from last year and the gift guides for 2020 so far.