This blog post & shop widgets use affiliate links.
Click here to read the disclaimer about affiliate links and PR product.
Finding the perfect gift for the men in your life isn’t the easiest of tasks. I don’t know about you but I’ve always found it to be tricky! Thankfully, I do a lot of the heavy lifting in this guide, so you don’t have to. Before settling for a traditional gift (ie. ties & socks), I’m here to take you outside the box because really, there should be no holding back with the year given the year that we’ve had! I’ve curated this list of gifts for men to suit a range of budgets and personalities.
Toys…on another level!
Here are some fun holiday projects for him to chip away at during the days of post-Christmas bliss of waking up late and spending time with family. Also, these sets are mostly rated for 16+ so you can tell your little people to back off!
- James Bond Aston Martin DB5 Set – one that looks fantastic on display once finished!
- Architecture NYC Set – with travel not really on the cards for the next little while, why not build a mini version of the significant architecture instead?!
- Technic Ducati Bike – 646 pieces will sure to keep him occupied!
- The Beatles Lego – 4 possible pictures from this one set – the hardest part is choosing which Beatle!
Buttery soft leather goods for everyday luxury
I’m featuring leather pieces by Issara, a small business that hasn’t been spared its fair share of challenges during 2020. Their minimal leather pieces are beautifully and ethically handcrafted, making the gift giving process all that more rewarding. I’ve included my favourites from their mens collection below that I’m sure anyone, guy or gal, would be delighted to unwrap! It also includes a tech-leather piece, which fuses the two main categories of all the mens gift guides I’ve ever read, in the form of a weekender bag that has the option of being trackable!
The team at Issara were kind enough to send me a code – you can use ‘VeeForIssara‘ for complimentary monogramming to add a personal touch.
- Leather Portfolio – lush grained mocha leather that fits a 15″ laptop
- Weekender Bag – this one has the option of adding an optional Trackr for peace of mind
- Soft briefcase – a slick slim briefcase that’ll fit a 15″ laptop with ease with a comfortable padded shoulder strap
- Messenger bag – a lightweight bag with internal pockets (including a dedicated laptop compartment) and a padded shoulder strap
Tech bits and bobs
- Airpod storage in a stand-out easy to find colour!
- Nintendo Switch – the best console! (and a gift you’ll benefit from too because it’s that good!)
- A wireless speaker is always handy and this Bose one has been a go-to in our household
- A tablet ‘lazy arm’ that holds up his iPad when he’s watching videos or following recipes
Upgrade his staples
- Tom Ford Card Holder – I bought this for my husband a couple of years back and it’s still in fantastic condition. It’s a cross between chocolate brown and charcoal grey – a great colour that’ll go with pretty much anything in his wardrobe
- A cashmere knit, or two, because he deserves the best! I just love the Winter Teal and Tree Bark shades of this classic and versatile cashmere crew
- A versatile fleece jacket from Marks & Spencer that offers both form and function with its water repellent fabric, concealed hood and elevated design features to take things up a notch in the sartorial department. This jacket is currently 25% off until 11:59pm tonight! (Wednesday 11 November) It’s down to $81.75 from $109.
- This recycled wool coat is both a luxurious and sustainable option (I’ve got the women’s version which is simply divine) – it comes in charcoal and navy
And for the man who has it all…
- A statement face mask – this BAPE mask is totally extra and has personality in spades, and then some
- Prada drink bottle – because YOLO, right?!
- Tom Dixon Whisky glasses – the two glasses in this set look very schmick indeed
- SMEG Coffee maker – to ramp up his coffee game with an aesthetically pleasing countertop appliance. And if it’s for your other half, you benefit too!
P.S. As always, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out my other gift guides that I’ll be posting in the coming days here and here’s my gift guide for him from 2019.